Genoa, Nevada

The Mormon's were the first settlers in 1855, when it was part of the Utah Territory. Brigham Young called the settlers back to Utah in 1857 due to the Utah war. There is a re-creation of the Mormon Station which is open to the public. In 1861 Genoa became part of the of the Nevada Territory. Genoa was home to the Nevada Territoral Enterprise Newspaper which eventually moved to Virgina City. It was home to Nevada's first hotel and first court. Genoa is located 42 miles south of Reno, on Hwy. 395.

Genoa Cowboy Festival May 2 - May 4 2014

Dining Around Tahoe

Genoa's Candy Dance in September

Genoa Lakes Golf Course

 

Return to the Map Of Tahoe Home Page